Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Was Part of History by Helping the Obama Campaign Last Night


I just can't help it. I'm so proud. Last night, I drove down to the Obama headquarters to make phone calls to help the campaign and encourage voting. My list included people from Nevada. It was awesome! The rooms in the facility were packed! People making phone calls from lists in the hallways, the streets, and stairwells. All nationalities, all genders and all ages!

My face swells with pride as I write this. I'm remembering seeing a mother with her daughter, cramped in a corner, making calls. Her daughter didn't look tired or upset. Her daughter looked happy. Why? Because they know that they are making history.

I called for 2 hours and spoke to many people. One person said they had voted for McCain (bummer), but the other people said they had voted or will vote for Obama. They knew where their polling place was and although some of them had received a call of this nature for the 10th time, they were still understanding and in awe of the overwhelming support for Obama.

No matter your opinion on Barack Obama, it is still something to see. The outpouring of love and hard work from everyone - all volunteers like myself. We are no longer talking about change - nor wishing for change - we are part of the movement for change. And that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment