Monday, January 5, 2009

A Portion Control Story


O.K. I admit I have a problem with this darn "portion control" thing.

I open my e-mail to review at least one of 20 health, science, tea, and news articles that I read per day and find the annoying little (but helpful) article "portion control" from HeartHealthyOnline.com.

According to this article, one of the suggested ways to loose 5 pounds is through watching the size of what we eat. At first I think "big newsflash there", but wait! There is a helpful guide the breaks down how much we really SHOULD be eating. CLICK HERE

So, imagine - to my surprise - that the love of my food eating existence (cheese) shows that one serving is the equivalent of 3 stacked dominoes. OK, in the back of my mind, I kinda knew that my love of cheese went way over the 3 stacked dominoes (even if the dominoes were super sized) but seeing is believing. A picture really is worth a thousand words.

What to do now? Well, I'm not sure. For the sake of argument here, I'm thinking about reducing my portion sizes, but the thought of missing my beloved cheese is giving me the shakes.

So what about you? After seeing the truth of what we really should be eating (click the link if you dare), how many of you are considering reducing your portion sizes? Talk to me... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment